- RULES: Rules will be in accordance with FIFA and CIF Laws except as modified in the following sections.
- WEATHER: If field conditions are not playable the tournament will be rescheduled to a later date.
- TEAM COLORS: The home team (listed first on the schedule) must change jersey colors in case of conflicts. If the home team cannot change, the visiting team will change if possible. The referee will make the final decision.
- GAME TIMES: All games will start on time. If a team has not taken the field with a minimum of seven players within the five minute grace period, the game will be forfeited. The team gaining the forfeit will be declared the winner 1-0 and awarded eight points per the scoring system.
- GAME BALL: The home team (listed first on the schedule) will provide three game balls acceptable to the referee.
- TEAM ROSTER: Each team must provide the referee with a team roster prior to the start of each game. A Junior Varsity player cannot play on a Varsity team once they have participated in a Junior Varsity game. Players may play on one team only. Team in violation will forfeit the game.
- PLAYING TIME: All games will consist of two 30-minute halves with a 5-minute rest period between. Except the Championship and 3rd place games. These two games will consist of two 35-minute halves with a 5-minute rest period between.
- GAME SCORE: The HOME team is responsible for turning in the game score to the scorekeeper (snackbar). All game results are final and no protests will be allowed. Tie games in the preliminary round will stay as a tie.
- EJECTIONS & CAUTIONS: If a player or coach is ejected (RED CARD) from a game, he/she will be automatically suspended from the team’s next game. Ejection for a violent or profane conduct toward the referee(s) or any player(s) may result in suspension for the remainder of the tournament (Tournament Director will discuss with referee and determine length of suspension).
- PRELIMINARY PLAY: Each team will play a minimum of three games in a round robin format. The team with the highest point total in their bracket at the end of preliminary play will advance. The two highest team totals will advance to the finals and the third and fourth highest point totals at the end of preliminary play advance to the 3rd place game.
- SCORING: PRELIMINARY PLAY
6 points for a WIN
3 points for a TIE
0 points for a LOSS
1 point for a SHUTOUT
1 point per goal scored (Maximum of 3 goals per game)
(0-0 tie game will equal 4 points;Shutout + Tie)
The maximum number of points per game is 10
- TIE BREAKER: PRELIMINARY PLAY
a) Head to Head winner
b) Fewest goals allowed
c) Goal differential (goals scored "maximum of 5" minus goals allowed)
d) Most goals scored (maximum of 5 goals per game)
e) Shoot Out – Kicks taken from the penalty spot per FIFA and CIF rules. (If three or more teams are tied, we will flip a coin to see which two teams will kick first. The odd team in the flip will shoot against the winner.
- CHAMPIONSHIP & 3RD PLACE GAME: In the event of a tie at the end of regulation play, overtime will be played to determine the winner. Overtime will consist of two 5 minute periods. There will be a one minute rest between periods. GOLDEN GOAL RULE WILL NOT APPLY. In the event of a tie after the overtime periods, the winner will be determined by penalty kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with FIFA and CIF rules.
- SPORTSMANSHIP: We expect good sportsmanship from all individuals participating in this tournament (players, coaches, family and friends). We understand that during the course of a game that you may not agree with a call, because we all have a different perspective of fouls. We ask that you respect the referee(s) calls and understand their decision is final. There will be zero tolerance for BAD behavior. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their spectators and players. Our goal is to make this a fun and great experience for everyone involved.
A team award will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for Varsity. Individual awards will be given 1st and 2nd place for Varsity.
A team award will be given to the 1st and 2nd place winners for Junior Varsity.
ANY SITUATION NOT COVERED BY THESE RULES WILL BE RESOLVED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR